Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is there a super 8 fisheye lens for the Russian S8

  1. #1
    wrumbaoa
    Guest wrumbaoa's Avatar
    Hi, I'm new to super 8 cameras and would like to know if there is a fisheye lens that can attach to the Russain Super 8 Quarz camera?

    ------------------

  2. #2
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    Fisheye is a tough thing for super 8 since the normal lens is already 12mm, which would look fisheye on most any other larger format camera. The widest lens I've seen in M42 is the 8mm Peleng, which is razor sharp but looks merely wide angle on super 8 since you end up using only the center of the image. Century makes a 6mm lens, I think, but I'm not sure and I believe it's a C-mount and not M42.

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  3. #3
    Karl151k
    Guest Karl151k's Avatar

    Post

    If you want a good semi-fisheye try ataching a kenko .42x lens to your camera with a step ring. It will not be as distorted as if you used it on a video camera, but its plenty wide.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    seekaee
    Guest seekaee's Avatar

    Post

    I read that Pro 8mm sells a lens that can be used for their Kinoflex( aka quartz 1x8c-2). Whatever it is, Im sure you could probably find it cheaper somewere else then what they're asking for it.



    ------------------

  5. #5
    gaspode
    Guest gaspode's Avatar

    Post

    all i can think of is of you get as wide a lense as you can, and then use a wide angle converter

    ------------------
    'It comes in Pints?!'

  6. #6
    cinistu
    Guest cinistu's Avatar

    Talking

    I have a cheep and chearfull Fish eye addaptor for a regular SLR on my cini cam from time to time it halves the focul length mine starts at 7.5 and ends up looking quite fish bowly, the stepping rings to change the threed can help as it moves the lense forward and back wich allows you to adjust your view(a little), just for interest sake it's an "Astron Super wider semi-fisheye lens" made in japan and slightly defocuses the blue chanle of light it has a system 7 threed naturaly and i am useing 2 addapter rings to get the right thread, cool ay ?



    ------------------
    Do you want a coffee ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •